What a trip! We started off on May 19th leaving for San Diego. I was dealing with anxiety about flying all day. James dropped us off at the curbside check in and we made our way through the Denver airport. By the time we got through security (security with 4 kids is horrendous), made our way to the terminal and made a bathroom stop, it was time to board! Yipee!! .......Yea Right! We ended up waiting for passengers from a connecting flight for over a half an hour (on the plane). Then we sat on the runway for another hour waiting for our turn for departure (we were 12th in line for taxi). Mia screamed the whole time and it was very stressful. As passengers were moving their seats (away from me and the screaming baby), another lady was moving toward me. She wanted to sit with me and help me with the kids. And although she smelled terribly of alcohol and had clearly been drinking, I welcomed the help. I was desperate. She was a God-send. We made it to San Diego safely and met our families there.
The rest of the trip was just a whirlwind of activity. The big kids went to Legoland a handful of times. Kaylin and Andrew went ice skating and saw the play "The Secret Garden". We went to the Museum of Nature and Science, saw an IMAX film, went to the birch aquarium, and saw Night at the Museum II. The big kids saw UP and went swimming a few times. The little kids and I went to Bates Nut Farm. We had a nice family birthday party for Andrew on Sunday and he got lots of Legos. We also got to visit my Great Aunt at her nursing home in Carlsbad twice. She'll be 100 this year.
We packed up to leave yesterday. The two weeks went fast!! I was nervous about flying again. I just knew that there was NO WAY there would be another willing passenger (or drunk lady, for that matter) to help me keep the kids occupied on the flight home. Said our goodbyes in San Diego, got through security (again, horrendous and even had people laughing at the ordeal this time) and checked our flight.......DELAYED!!! WHAT!! I had already said goodbye and our families were gone and I had to sit in the terminal with four crazy, excited kids for another hour and a half. Apparantly the weather was bad in Denver and we couldn't fly in. My kids quickly found some other Colorodian kids and they played while we waited. Finally time to board and as my kids are running around and i am carrying a screaming angry baby, a nice woman walks over to me to offer to carry my stroller to the gate. YES, thank you! Get down the hall, onto the plane and she quietly asks me, "would you like me to sit next to you and help you on the flight?".....are you kidding me??? THANK YOU LORD FOR SENDING ME THIS WOMAN. I almost cried....really wanted to, but didn't want to scare the nice lady away. So the nice lady sat across the aisle from me and although the kids were perfect and I didn't need her at all, it was nice to have her there. Thank you Mom, for praying for my flight and asking God to send me a helper.
Made it home....Embraced my hubby.....and drove home. Home sweet home.





2 comments:
So glad you're back!!!
Looks like a good trip. I can't believe how big Mia is. Shoot, I can't believe JACK! It was just yesterday we were at Panera and he was in his car seat with that caterpillar toy and that homeless guy came up and touched his forehead and blessed him!
How was your last trip to Barb's EVER? :(
I can't believe how much Mia has changed since I've seen her!! Sounds like your parents spoiled all of you! I've flown with one kid, you are a hero to do it with 4!! We really need to hang out soon!!
Post a Comment