Andrew always surprises me. He has tons of friends, even though he seems to have the strongest moral sense and was always telling on the other kids for doing something wrong. He seemed to be very loved by his teacher and developed most in the area of reading. I already knew he was a math whiz, but he ended the year on a reading DRA level 24, which is only one level away from the 2nd grade end of year expectation and 1 level away from his sister, which he was quick to point out. I love that my kids love reading. I think reading is so important and to have a true love for it will take them so far.
I am so proud of my kids for all of their hard work this year.
First day of school:
Kaylin on the last day. Very teary from saying goodbye to her teacher.
Andrew on the last day. He was also in tears when he got home. They LOVED their teachers. Lucky for Andrew, he gets to have Kaylin's teacher next year and I think he's pretty excited about that. BY the way, Andrew still has ALL of his baby teeth. He didn't lose anything this year and is pretty discouraged by that. James promised him that if he didn't lose any teeth by the time he was 10, he'd give him $100...lol. I guess we're hoping he loses some this next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment