Saturday, September 27, 2008
Our first real Date...
Tonight James and I had our first "real" date since having kids. Back home, we'd be able to drop the kids off at either of our parents' homes if we wanted to go somewhere, but since we've moved, we have only ever gone out when family is visiting. We were invited by a few couples from church to see the movie "Fireproof", so we decided to get a real babysitter and have a night out. First of all, I was super nervous about leaving our 13 year old babysitter with 4 kids, one of them being an infant. But then I remembered that I started babysitting when I was 10, so no big deal. I wrote out an entire sheet of instructions and left with no worries. It went great! James and I had so much fun hanging out with other couples and we were stoked to find out that all of the kids were in bed and asleep when we got home. We can't afford to do this very often, but it feels great to know that we have the option. It's nice to be dating again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Isn't it great to get out? We still haven't hired a babysitter yet but we are close to doing it. I'm just amazed at how much the girls are charging now. I remember charging $2 an hour...
who is Noah and what is his story?
Post a Comment