Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Andrew!



Today is Andrew's 6th birthday. He's such a big kid now. We decorated the kitchen and his bedroom with streamers, so he would be surprised when he woke up. I made star wars cupcakes for his class and by "star wars" cupcakes, i mean i wrote the word Star Wars on them. It's days like today that I feel so blessed to be a mom. It's funny that when they are actually born, it's such a big day for the mom and the baby, but as they grow older you lose sight of what a big day it was for both of you. While I was icing the cupcakes last night, I thought to myself "I can't believe that 6 years ago at this time, I was getting ready to go to the hospital and give birth to my baby". WEIRD!! Anyway, Happy Birthday Andrew-babe!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! What a nice mom for making cupcakes! They don't let us bring home-made goodies to the kids' class here so we did store bought cookies (Alli had to celebrate a month early since school got out 2.5 weeks ago)

Sara Jones said...

So cute! Happy Birthday, Andrew!