Kaylin's ready for a sleep-over
Playing with Mia this morning in her "costume" from the museum.

Kaylin had a sleep-over with her Girl Scout troop friday night. They were "locked-in" the Children's Museum for the night where they played and earned their "Let's Pretend" patch. She had a lot of fun with her new friends and tons of fun acting out a play they made up.
Andrew was jealous, so he had his first sleepover last night too. OH-MY-GOODNESS, it was interesting. He invitied our neighbor to come sleep over and it was crazy to say the least. They played LEGO Star Wars for a while, wacthed a "Medabots" movie, and then we headed outside to make smore's in our fire pit. I finally sent them to bed around 9pm, but they played until 11pm. When I said it was REALLY bedtime, the neighbor kid started crying for his mom. I felt so bad. There was no way I was calling his mom that late, so James said they could play more video games until they fell asleep. Well, at 3:22am I woke up and heard those boys STILL up playing games. I said it REALLY was bedtime and the boy started crying again. AAGGGGHHH!!! There was really no way I was calling at 3am, so the kid cried himself to sleep. Am I a bad host? ..hahaha...I knew he'd be OK.
This morning was our huge community garage sale, so me and the kids walked the ENTIRE neighborhood. The kids love garage sales for some reason. They are always looking for some treasures. This time, I made them empty their piggy banks with how much they wanted to spend and I let them buy their own stuff. Kaylin bought an awesome brand new bike for $5 and at that same sale, I bought James an adult bike for $5. Andrew got some cool star wars toys and transformers. That's about it. Very productive for a saturday afternoon. Hopefully we'll get some work done in the yard tomorrow.






6 comments:
I am so glad that Kaylin is making friends in her girl scout troop. Hopefully that will carry over into school for her. I think it is springtime but everyone just seems so busy now.
Sounds like you had a fun time! That museum thing sounds like a lot of fun! Did you have to stay too since you are the troop leader? You are brave for doing a sleepover with the neighbor kid... My kids haven't even talked about sleepovers yet and hopefully it stays that way for a long time. (I don't want to deal with it!)
Instead of making my own troop, i found an exisiting one at another school to join. she said i could be her co-leader, and thank goodness for that, because she puts in a ton of work and i couldn't do half of what she does. I didn't have to stay over either. yeah, the sleepover thing is really crazy. i hope they don't ask again for awhile.
OMG so nice when they can start holding their own bottle!
I love reading your blog. Your family is freaking hilarious.
Actually, Ella looks more like her Aunt Beckie than me. WTH!!! I sent your girl scout thing off, btw.
Where is the latest weekend update? You are slacking!
Post a Comment