Saturday, April 5, 2008

I have a new job...sort of

I was recently faced with the opportunity to provide childcare for one of my neighbors. It was only part-time, as I was just filling in for the full-time provider due to medical reasons. This other provider could not continue due to further unexpected reasons, so I was asked if I could take over full-time. Gosh, I have been praying about getting a job, but decided it wasn't really good timing; however, how could I resist being paid to stay home with my own children too. After much thought and discussion with James, I decided to go ahead and take the job. It has been stressful at times, but not being able to pay bills is also stressful. I am thankful for this opportunity and hopefully it will continue to be a blessing.

4 comments:

Sara Jones said...

First of all... thanks for the information regarding how to change my blogger layout!! Very cool! Secondly, your new job sounds like a great opportunity. I know you'll do a great job and your neighbor/friend is blessed to have you taking care of her kiddos.

Laura said...

Love the new layout! Good luck with the childcare... I know that if I had to leave my kids, I would love to have a stay-at-home mom watch them. I'm sure it will be hard at times but it will be rewarding in the long run...

Audra said...

Well isn't that great. Ask and the Lord will find away. Watching kids can be stressful at times but at least it will tide you over until something else presents itself. Congratulations.

Jason&Linze said...

to bad you don't live next to me anymore...I'm still trying to adjust to leaving my kids with someone, it's so hard!