Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy 8th Wedding Anniversary


Eight years ago, today, James and I were married. It seems like it's been a LOT longer than eight years, but I guess that happens when you have four kids right away, move 5 times, and move across 3 states no less. I feel like we've been through so much, but it has definitely made us stronger. We don't really have any plans for the day, other than to eat pizza for dinner with the kids. Even if we had babysitters near by, it wouldn't feel right being away from the kids because, believe it or not, we really enjoy their company. We didn't exchange gifts this year either as it's been kind of a rough year financially, but that's ok. James has already given me four wonderful gifts and they're the kind of gifts that keep on giving....and taking....haha.


So, in honor of our 8 long years together, i've compiled a list titled:


"8 Reasons I Love James"


1. His work ethic- he never takes time off (unless i've needed him to), he goes to work even when he's super sick, he goes in early and stays late, and he has great leadership skills.


2. James makes the effort to take his family to church every sunday, even when he doesn't really care to go himself.


3. He lets me sleep in on the weekends, even though he's the one getting up early for work every day.


4. He makes the best oven baked potato bites for breakfast, and sometimes dinner.


5. He let me have Kaylin....and Andrew, and wait...Jack too, well...and then there's Mia!!


6. He can wash the cars, change the oil, mess around under the hood, clean the garage, start projects in the backyard, house and basement (i said start, not finish) all in a saturday afternoon.


7. He loves his family and mine.


8. His commitment and loyalty to our little family is unwaivering.

9 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Awww... Happy Anniversary to you both! What a nice blog. James sounds like a good guy but he's also blessed to have a wife like you. Have a nice time with your family!

Beckie said...

thanks, i love your new layout, btw!!!

Andie Johnson said...

Wow Beck. You are lucky to have each other. I need some help in the good wife department. I am struggling, lol. Seriously though. Let's meet at Barb's tonight for tea and chocolate and prayer.

Andie Johnson said...

I love the wedding pic btw! James is such a hottie lol

Audra said...

Congratulations on 8 years together that is wonderful!

Jason&Linze said...

seriously the sweetest thing! I can't wait for my anniversary so I can make a little list. You should make a copy and save it somewhere :) Congrats to you and James!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so young in that picture... definitely not old enough to be drinking champagne... :) Congrats on 8 years! We are working on 9 years right now and everyone is surprised we made it this far. Make sure you put the kids to bed early tonight and celebrate... :)

Beckie said...

i was 19 and 3 months pregnant, so i had apple cider instead..lol

Andie Johnson said...

I agree with Linze! I can't wait to make my list. Hopefully I can come up with 3 since this is our 3rd anniversary lol. JK!