

Mia turned 5 months old yesterday and I realized (a few days ago) that she hadn't tried any baby food yet. I think the timetable for introducing food is somewhere between 4 and 6 months of age, depending on signs from your baby as to when she's actually ready. I hadn't really given it much thought because my other kids were never early eaters and we struggled for months with them on it. Well, last week I decided to make some homemade rice cereal and try her with it and she LOVED it. She ate an ice cube size of food on the first feeding and now she's up to 2 ice cubes. She loves being a big girl in her high chair and I can't believe we've entered in this stage already. On the flip side, now I HAVE to feed her real food, which can be time consuming with all we have going on, and her poop no longer smells like sweet baby poop...it's stinky..lol





7 comments:
aww, I was kinda sad when Brady's pooped changed lol
What a cutie! She looks so much like you! I get so sick of feeding baby food... I'm still nursing Abby so that I can avoid having to sit and feed her real food when I want to. Plus, she's my last one and I'm sad to ever stop...
lol, i know what you mean. i'm kinda sad about all this change
It's funny... with Andrew, I couldn't wait to feed him his first real food. With Nate, I was not looking forward to it because of how time consuming it is. :p Mia is beautiful! She looks like a happy, healthy baby. btw... how do you make homemade rice cereal? My kids never cared for any rice cereal.
my others didn't like it either, but i think it tastes better homemade. I cooked some brown rice to package directions, and then put it in the blender with some breastmilk and water to thin it. then i freezed it all into ice cube trays.
just have another one lol... you would!
It is a little bitter sweet as they grow. It is fun to see how they change but you can never go back to how they were. She is such a cutie. I love being able to see her grow through all of your pictures.
Post a Comment