Monday, June 2, 2008

picnic at the park





Yesterday I decided that we should go to the park for a picnic instead of me cooking dinner. I'm glad we went because we had so much fun. James, Kaylin, Andrew(actually had his scooter) and Jack all rode their bikes and I pushed Mia in the stroller. We had cheese and crackers, celery and peanut butter, apple slices, and strawberries. We also had oatmeal cookies for dessert. After we ate, everyone played and I took some pictures. It seemed like such a great day. On the ride back home, Kaylin and Andrew took off ahead of James and I. We noticed Kaylin was gaining speed fast down the hill and we yelled for her to slow down. She isn't quite used to her new ($5 garage sale) bike. She got to the bottom of the hill and all of a sudden I couldn't see her; but I heard her. She was screaming blood-curdling screams. My heart just about sake into my stomach as I invisioned her with major head trauma. Luckily James was on a bike also and took off to go get her and I thought for sure her head was going to be split open as she wasn't wearing a helmet. I finally caught up and saw that she was standing up, but Andrew was also crying. He had stopped at the bottom of the hill to wait for Kaylin, but when she caught up and couldn't slow down, she plowed into Andrew and ran him over. It was quite a scare, but everyone is cleaned up and feeling better today. We sure lectured her about helmet safety, and now we will be more strict about it as well. We all decided it was still a nice day, despite all the blood.

2 comments:

Jason&Linze said...

I can't believe how big they are all getting, Jack is HUGE! Don't you just look at them and wonder, what happened, where'd my baby go? Very cute pics! I love outdoors adventures with the fam.

Laura said...

Cute pictures! Justin had a crash on his bike last week and luckily he was wearing a helmet or he would have been a lot more hurt. My kids get their bike taken away for a week if they don't wear their helmet... It is a fight though since they are the only ones in the neighborhood that wear them (no helmet law here!)