Mia's first pumpkinSunday, October 26, 2008
Happy Fall
I am struggling with Halloween this year. This coming from the family who always dressed up and always had parties (until we moved). I have tons of decorations and face make-up, and we even have a fog machine. So, i was surprised this year, when I just didn't feel like celebrating such a popular holiday. I really think Halloween can be cute and innocent while the kids are still small, but the older they get, the more mature and gross costumes get. I also feel like Halloween has gotten darker, just as the world has gotten darker. Crime rates are higher on Halloween and perfectly nice kids end up getting into trouble on a night when the world allows us to let loose and act like villains. James is fighting me on this one, but we've compromised and allowed the kids to dress up, but we're attending our churchs' harvest festival instead of trick or treating the neighborhood. Anyway; we let the kids get some pumpkins today after church.
Mia's first pumpkin
Mia's first pumpkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
so cute! Ella and Mia have the same pants! xoxo
I love Mia's little pumpkin! It looks like the one Nate picked out. I hope you have fun at the Harvest Festival.
Post a Comment